Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Sharing my childhood

The song "Tomorrow" from Annie has been in my head a lot lately due to the horrible weather around here. The other night Lincoln and I were singing it at dinner as we goofed around with the kids and I was telling Hannah and Jake about the movie. The kids had obviously never seen it and Lincoln informed me that he actually hadn't seen it either so of course I had to run out and buy it on DVD. We started out with all 4 of us watching it but since we got a late start Jake started to fall asleep and Lincoln went off to put him to bed. Hannah and I stayed up late (isn't summer great?) and finished watching the movie. Annie was one of my favorite movies when I was a kid and it was so fun to watch it again with Hannah. She got so much enjoyment out of it that it made my experience that much better.

Sometimes the "classics" don't translate well from one generation to the next but this one did. What a fun night.

No comments: