Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Making memories the Iowan way

On Saturday night when we were down at the Vineyard Hannah and I volunteered to shuck the corn on the cob for dinner. I actually volunteered to do it because I have fond memories of doing it as a kid in Iowa and Hannah volunteered to help me.

Me: You know Hannah, there is a picture of me and Grandpa Dan doing this on Grandma Lentz's porch when I was a little girl.

Hannah: There is?

Me: Yep.

Hannah: When I grow up, and I have a little girl, I'm going to tell her all about sitting on the porch and shucking corn with my Mommy.

So here we are. Three generations of corn shuckers.



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute! I love it!! (And you haven't changed a bit in the last twenty (some) years!

Diane Lentz Snow said...

HA!

mark said...

Omigosh. So cute.

Scott said...

So precious. Seriously. Has DAN aged, at all? He ALWAYS looks the same! haha!