Saturday, June 27, 2009

Giving credit where credit is due

Tonight Lincoln and I took the kids down to the Upton fireworks. We got down there about 20 minutes before the fireworks started, spent 15 minutes watching the fireworks, and then 1 hour getting out of the parking lot and back home a few miles away. I did enjoy trying out the "fireworks" setting on my camera though. That was pretty interesting. Here are a few of the pictures that I took.

We sat in our car for quite awhile waiting to even move from our parking spot. It looked like we would be there for a long time and Lincoln said that next year we'd be smart to bring a cooler, sit outside the car and have a cold one while we waited for the parking lot to clear. It would have been a lot more entertaining than just sitting in the car while the kids fell asleep (and yes, Jake even talked in his sleep.)

We were right next to a big Ford Bronco and in my head I was thinking that it would be a battle of who got to go first since we were side by side heading into a single file exit lane. Instead, when I rolled down my window to get some fresh air they struck up a conversation with us and we sat there and joked around with them for awhile until we started to move. When the line did start to finally move the guy told us to go first.

Me: You know, sometimes I don't give Upton the small town credit it deserves. I was really thinking in my head that it would be a "who can edge out who" battle with that big truck just like when you're commuting in Boston but he was really nice. That's exactly something that would have happened in Decorah.

Link: Yeah but if we were in Decorah he would have had a cooler full of beer in his truck. And had I stuck my hand out the sun roof he would have tossed me one.

Me: Very true. Good point.

No comments: