Thursday, June 25, 2009

Mother Nature is such a tease

There are rumors that the sun is going to come out either today or tomorrow. This morning when I was driving to work I noticed that some of the clouds were distinctly lighter, as though there was truth to the rumor that a sun lurked behind them, but then I would drive right through a rain shower. Then a little further down the road I saw something that I only vaguely remember existing....the smallest slice of bright blue sky. Could it be? Does such a thing really exist? I guess we'll have to wait to find out since it's still cloudy and gray outside of my window right now.

I actually fear for when the sun does come back out. It's like when it rains and all of a sudden everyone forgets how to drive. Or when the winter comes and people who have lived in the northern part of the country their entire lives freak out and say "what the hell is this white stuff?" I suspect the same thing will happen once the sun actually returns. People will be crawling along on their commute trying to shield their eyes from the bright yellow light while peeking through them at the same time trying to witness this unknown phenomenon the scientists call "sun".

No comments: