Saturday, June 6, 2009

Graduation weekend

Yesterday my little sister graduated. She's not my biological little sister but she's pretty darn close. When I was living in Arkansas in the 10th grade I had a yearbook advisor by the name of Mrs. Walker. After my 10th grade year she moved to Boston with her husband Michael. When I graduated from college and decided to move out here I looked them up. I stayed with them during Spring Break of my senior year and then moved into their basement for 2 months when I first got out here. They are my east coast family.

When I was in 10th grade Deb and Michael's daughters were 1 and 2 years old. When I moved out here in 1999 they were 7 and 8. When Lincoln and I got married they were both in our wedding. It is so hard to believe that Shani just graduated from high school and Kristen will be graduating next year. Shani is actually headed out to L.A. for college so we're really going to miss her.

Last night we attended Shani's graduation at the high school and then went out to dinner with the family. Tonight Kristen and their half sister Erika threw her a surprise graduation party at a local bowling alley. Everyone had a great time and the kids were excited because they hadn't gotten to go with us last night. They absolutely love hanging out with the Walker's.

It's hard to believe that Hannah will be graduating in 10 years. Time flies by so fast. These girls used to be babies. I met them when I was a sophomore in high school and now they are graduating. That is just insane.

No comments: