Thursday, May 1, 2008

HoneyWeiss is not a breakfast beverage

The other day when I spotted HoneyWeiss in the liquor store I bought their entire stock (which was only about six 6-packs) in case it was a fluke of nature never to be repeated again. Unfortunately, everything they had was cold so needless to say a good portion of our mini fridge upstairs and a shelf or two in the kitchen fridge are overflowing with the love of Chippewa Falls, WI. This morning I was getting Jake's breakfast ready and asked him if he'd like chocolate milk with his breakfast. He said "yes please...and you can have a beer". I laughed and told him that beer is not yet classified as a breakfast beverage. For now, since I'm secure in the knowledge that Leinie's is here to stay, I plan to keep drinking it only at dinner time.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

clearly, Jake is ready for college.

Jennifer said...

Sorry, but I'm with Jake on this one! There's nothing like a cold beer in the shower.

Useless music trivia of the day:

The Replacements have a song called "Beer for Breakfast" with the lyrics "all I wanna do is drink beer for breakfast."

Anonymous said...

"all I wanna eat is them BBQ chips..."

Anonymous said...

"Baby boy's fine...
Baby boy's drunk...
Baby boy's a ... bah bah bah

All I wanna do is drink beer for breakfast "

Diane Lentz Snow said...

Clearly I should introduce the two of you since you're obviously soulmates.