Thursday, May 15, 2008

So, so tired....



Last night was the PTO General Meeting, which of course means we went out to the Rose Garden for drinks afterwards (gotta love the PTO). It was also the season finale of America's Next Top Model. I got home late from the RG, had to do a few things on email, and then sat down to watch ANTM. I didn't get to bed until midnight and then woke up with Lincoln's alarm at 5:15 or thereabouts. I fell back asleep but then Jake woke up around 6:15 a.m. I just stayed in bed praying he'd get up by himself. He usually just lays in bed calling for Daddy until one of us goes in there. If it's me, and not Daddy, then he throws himself down on the bed like he's dying and starts crying. I really didn't have the energy for that this morning so I was very lucky that he actually got out of bed on his own and came looking for me. I convinced him that he didn't really want to go down and have breakfast right away (chocolate milk is like coffee for him - he can't start his day without it). Instead I convinced him it would be fun to watch tv from Mommy's bed. I can't believe he fell for it! Not that he doesn't like watching tv but I actually got him to ditch the chocolate milk for 45 minutes! Even after falling back asleep until 7 a.m. I was still exhausted. And that is why I love my job. Where else could I come to work on a drizzly, miserable, sleepy day and wear my sock monkey slippers? Yes, I brought real shoes for when I have to go into someone else's office but I have to say...I'm communicating by email, IM, and phone as much as possible today.
By the way, when I thanked Jake for letting Mommy get some extra sleep he stopped, looked at me, gave me a very regal nod of his head, and said "you're welcome". He's obviously building up some good karma for the next time he beats up his sister.

No comments: