Sunday, May 25, 2008

Pictures of our day in Boston

Rachel and Kevin headed out last night to go up to a B&B up in Maine for the remainder of the weekend. We had a lot of fun in Boston yesterday. I had created a scavenger hunt for Hannah yesterday so we walked around the city and she had to find things like the "Make Way for Ducklings" statues, the swan boats, Mother Goose's grave, etc.
After visiting Cheers, the Public Gardens, and the Swan Boats we headed over to the Boston Common and picked up the Freedom Trail from there. We followed the Freedom Trail from the Common over to Fanueil Hall where we stopped for lunch. I may have graduated with a degree in American History but let me tell you, if you don't use that knowledge after you graduate you definitely lose it. I was the worst tour guide EVER.
We stopped for lunch at Fanueil Hall and ate at Dick's Last Resort. I've heard about the place before but never really knew much about it. It's a very casual restaurant where they toss straws at you and play around. They make funny hats for the kids out of paper and/or balloons. The food was delicious and I highly recommend eating there if you ever get a chance. It's a lot of pulled pork, bbq ribs, and chicken sandwiches. Probably not ideal if you're a vegetarian but if you're not....you'd be in heaven!
After lunch we were going to head over to Harvard Square but unfortunately the red line on the T (which is our subway system for you out-of-towners) was temporarily out of service so we ended up just walking back across the Common and the Public Garden and a little ways down Newbury Street. After that it was time for Rachel and Kevin to head out. We had a great time with them this weekend and I can't wait for them to come back and visit again sometime soon.

Now the glamour of having company has passed and we're back to our usual lives. How boring.

By the way, if you're wondering why there are no pictures of Jake, it's because all of those were taken with Kevin's camera and he hasn't sent them to me yet. Hopefully he'll get them to me when he gets a chance and I'll put them up. I had a blast playing with Kevin's fancy camera yesterday and got a few great shots I hope to share here on the blog.

No comments: