Monday, May 26, 2008

What is she going to be like as a teenager?

Hannah is a pretty good kid. She doesn't get in trouble often. She usually uses her manners without prompting. She's nice to other children. But she can be a pain in the ass when it comes to doing the opposite of what Mommy wants. It started with clothes shopping. I could pick up a shirt that is "typical" Hannah and she'd scrunch up her nose and go "Umm.....how about this one instead?". We can go back into the same store the next day and she'll pick out the original shirt that I suggested.

Today we bought 8 perennial plants to plant in what she has determined is "her" garden. Nevermind that for the past few years it has been my garden....now, apparently, it is hers. I was showing her how to lay out the plants so that she can get an idea of where she wants to plant them. I put a couple down and she said "I can do it. It's my garden." Okay, fine. So she's standing there holding the last plant and looking at the garden trying to figure out where she wants it. Here is the conversation that took place:

Me: How about right there?

Hannah: Awwww. That's where I wanted to put it.

Me: Just because I agree on where it should go doesn't make it a bad spot.

Hannah: All right. I suppose.

1 comment:

Scott said...

Nice. I'm loving the little conversation posts between you and the kiddos. Have to say, sounds like she has just a bit of her mother in her! ;-)