Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers and mothers-to-be out there. My day has been great so far. Lincoln and the kids served me egg bake and mimosas in bed this morning. They also gave me a mother's necklace which is very beautiful. It's a silver heart with charms on it. It came with 5 charms that you can mix and match. The charms Lincoln selected are the birthstones for both Jake and Hannah, a heart, and the letters H and J. Hannah also gave me an I.O.U. saying she's going to clean my car for me. I'd like to think she's doing it because she spilled her root beer in there the other day but I'm sure it's more of a "Mom, your car is a mess and you're embarrassing me" gift.

The weather this weekend is absolutely beautiful. It's too bad it wasn't like this for the Derby party. It's 65 degrees and sunny so we're having some people over for a late lunch/early dinner including Lincoln's parents. We're going to eat out on the pool deck and have a fire with s'mores and the whole nine yards. It should be lots of fun.

No comments: