Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Random Story

Okay, here is one of my totally random stories......Years ago, when I first started at my job, I shared a very small office with another person. I needed a clock and so I followed standard office procedure, opened up the Office Depot catalog, and picked one out. I didn't look too closely at the dimensions and when it arrived I found out that the time, date, and temperature on this clock could probably be read by a blind person three states away. My officemate Melissa dubbed this the "big ass clock" and over the past 5 years has found many creative ways to mock my beloved clock even though we now have separate offices two floors away from each other. It is truly strange how attached I was to this thing. I'm sad to report that the clock has finally moved on to the big office in the sky. I did everything I could do to save this clock but nothing worked. And unfortunately they don't make these clocks anymore (at least not sold through the Office Depot catalog). Now I'm stuck with an itty bitty clock for the time and a day-by-day Maxine calendar to tell me the date. And I have absolutely no idea what the temp is. It's a sad, sad day.

Goodbye Big Ass Clock. I'll miss you.

No comments: