Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Not the mail!

I'm all for cutting government spending these days but please don't take away my mail delivery. I love getting the mail. Even though it is usually all bills and catalogs I still think it's like a little mini-Christmas morning every day (except Sundays, of course). Apparently the U.S. Postal Service is thinking of cutting back mail delivery to 5 days a week instead of 6 days a week in order to save money (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28897426/?GT1=43001).

I think my love of the mail goes back to when we moved from Iowa to Seattle. I loved getting mail in Iowa too but usually it only came for me around my birthday. When we moved to Seattle I was always excited if a letter came from one of my friends. You never knew what would be in the mail when you opened the mailbox. I still love that feeling. I hate Sundays because there is no mail and God help me when there is a holiday on Monday because that's two days in a row that I don't get anything! It's also why I hate when our mailman plays prima donna and won't deliver when it snows.

This is going to make me very, very sad if it comes to pass.

No comments: