Sunday, January 11, 2009

Awards Season

The only good thing about late winter/early spring is the fact that it is Awards Season. My two favorites are the Golden Globes and the Academy Awards. I have a little ritual that I do every year and I was majorly bummed when the Golden Globes were cancelled last year because of the writers' strike. I used to get dressed up to watch the awards but now I just get a glasses (or glasses) of champagne and a tray of pigs in a blanket and I sit on the couch and watch all the pre-show action. It's really not about the awards themselves, it's about the dresses. The champagne is self-explanatory since it's an awards show. I'm not sure how the pigs in a blanket came around. Maybe I should have Lincoln dress up as a waiter and occasionally walk into the room with them on a tray like they were butler passed hors d'oeuvres at the fancy after party.

Yeah, I don't think I could get him to do that and he's willing to do a LOT for me that most husbands wouldn't. It's a nice thought though.

No comments: