Sunday, January 18, 2009

Another busy holiday break

Thanks to MLK Jr. Day I have another long holiday weekend in which to get stuff done around the house. It's going to be another busy one.

Yesterday I spent pretty much the entire day working on the yearbook for Hannah's school. This is the first year that the PTO has done one and it's definitely a learning process with the software. This is totally different than how we used to do it when I was in high school.

Today my plan is to get all the bathrooms cleaned and the laundry done. Our sheets were washed yesterday and I need to strip the kids' beds today. I also wanted to go out today and get all of our supplies for painting the bathroom tomorrow but I don't know if that is going to happen. It's snowing pretty hard right now so we may have to wait until tomorrow. I had really wanted to get the taping done today so we could jump right into painting tomorrow. Taping the bathroom is such a pain because there are so many things to go around (two doors, the window, the tile on the tub, the shower, the medicine cabinet, and the mirror) in addition to just taping the floor boards and the ceiling.

We also have to finish moving our bedroom around. There is one big piece of furniture that needs to come out and I still have to stain all the unfinished wood that I purchased at the Mill Store. I got different shelves and quilt racks to use around the room to display our stuff that we've collected from all over the world. Then I need to pick which pictures are going to be enlarged and put into frames so that I can get those ordered.

On top of that we have a few "odds and ends" projects that need to be done around the house. And since none of the things listed above will get done if I don't stop writing I guess I should go get started.

No comments: