Monday, January 5, 2009

Jake's obsession with skeletons

Jake is still obsessed with the idea of getting old and becoming a skeleton. The other night Lincoln was getting him ready for bed and Jake noticed some old clothes of his up on a shelf in his closet. He asked Lincoln what they were and Lincoln told him they were some of his baby clothes that we were going to get rid of. Jake burst into tears and threw an absolute fit at the thought of getting rid of the clothes. I had him come and sit with me for awhile and once I managed to dry his tears and get him to calm down I realized that he thought if he didn't have his baby clothes anymore that he was "old" and would become a skeleton soon. He really is troubled by this.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I used to be deathly afraid of aging as well. Then I learned about botox. Get him a jar of wrinkle cream and explain that using it will keep his skin nice and young! ;)


Reason #3,984,789 I'm not allowed to have kids.