Sunday, January 11, 2009

Boy/Girl Night Part 2

Last night's boy/girl night was lots of fun. Jake crapped out on Lincoln pretty early but to be fair he wasn't feeling very well yesterday. Hannah and I had a great time. We climbed into bed with a bowl of popcorn and chatted all about school and Hannah's friends. After that we watched a movie and went to sleep.

It always amazes me when I sit down and have a conversation with Hannah just how articulate and well-spoken she actually is. Usually conversations take place on the fly and I don't always get to enjoy them. Listening to her talk last night about her love of Social Studies because she "can learn all sorts of fascinating things about places all over the world without leaving home" was pretty cool. Then she was telling me all about this device they've been using in science class and how it was put together and exactly how it works. She really does love to learn.

I really hope these nights continue to happen each month. It was a lot of fun and I look forward to the next one.

No comments: