Friday, January 30, 2009

Names have been changed to protect those with no soul

Co-worker M: So, what are you doing this weekend?

Me: I'm taking Hannah to get a dress for the daddy/daughter dance next weekend.

CM: The what?

Me: The daddy/daughter Valentine's Day dance. I think I'm going to get her a little corsage too.

CM: What is that? Like prom with your father?

Me: It's cute!

CM: It's creepy!

Me: It's not creepy. You just have no soul.

CM: No, it's not. You're going to scar her for life.

Me: And how's that?

CM: Because she's going to grow up and expect every man to treat her as wonderfully as her father.

Me: She's going to expect that anyway.

CM: I'm telling you you're going to scar her for life.

Co-worker A: Wait, how is she going to be scarred for life by having a good father?

Co-worker L: I'm scarred for life! But that's because my dad was never around.

Me: See!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

She's right. Lincoln is abnormal, Hannah's standards are going to be ridiculous.