Thursday, January 29, 2009

Ice, Ice, and More Ice

After yesterday's snow and ice fest our driveway (and presumably the roads) are completely iced over. There is a 2-hour delay at school today which always makes me nervous. If it's icy enough that they can't start the buses on time what makes them so sure the ice will be gone 2 hours later?!? Buses don't have seat belts and the roads around here can be narrow and steep with lots of sharp curves. Not a good combination.

I'm not one to normally complain about winter unless it intefers with my plans (i.e. I'm trying to get on a plane and there is a blizzard). It's a pet peeve of mine to hear people complain about all the snow we get in the winter. Hello!!! You live in New England. The land of four distinct seasons and many profitable ski resorts. Of course we get a lot of snow. If you don't want a lot of snow move to Florida! But after my near accident a few weeks ago I must admit I'm sick of driving on icy roads. And today I'll have the kids with me in the car which I'm very scared about. I just want this winter to be over with so I have 9 months to forget how scary that day was.

No comments: