Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Monkey See, Monkey REALLY, REALLY Want to Do

Tonight at dinner we were talking about our annual trip to Iowa. Every summer we go back and Lincoln and I go tubing down the Upper Iowa River with Rachel. We didn't go back to Iowa this past summer because of our trip to Greece/Turkey this past spring and Hannah was a little disappointed because she is finally old enough to go tubing with us. At dinner we were talking about how she'll get to go with us this coming summer.

Hannah: Will I get my feet wet?

Mommy: Yes, you'll get your butt and everything from the waist down wet.

Jake: (whining) I don't wanna go!

Mommy: That's good because you're not allowed to go.

Jake: Why not?

Mommy: Because you're not old enough. You won't be able to go until you're older like Hannah.

Jake: (very matter of factly) Okay, I wanna go.

No comments: