Thursday, July 31, 2008

What a Sweetheart!

My work is very casual so usually I wear a t-shirt and jeans and ponytail. Sometimes I wear a dressy top and jeans with a ponytail. There isn't much variation in my wardrobe. Today I actually wore khaki pants and a nice paisley top with my hair down because I had the last of my interviews for the Receptionist position. I just walked in the door from work and I told Lincoln I was going to go up and change my clothes before dinner. Jake took exception to that and ran over to me to protest so I picked him up and this is what he said:

Jake: No! I don't want you to change. I like that outfit.

Me: Aww... that's sweet. But don't you want me to be comfy in my jammies like you?

Jake: No. I want you to wear the pretty clothes.

Me: Jake that's sweet. You just called Mommy pretty.

After that I set him down and he ran into the kitchen:

Jake: Daddy! Daddy! Guess what!? I called Mommy pretty!!!!

1 comment:

Scott said...

Just so you know, I love all of your blogs about Jake so much so that I read most all of them to Aaron the other night after dinner! Keep them coming girl!