Thursday, July 10, 2008

Morning excitement

Lincoln is one of those people that likes to get up and have plenty of time in the morning. If he has to leave the house at 8 a.m. he gets up at 6 a.m. so he can take a shower, eat breakfast, putter around the house, etc. Me on the other hand, if I have to leave the house at 8 a.m. I get up at 7:50 if I don't have to wash my hair and 7:40 if I do. When Lincoln has to leave early and I take the kids to daycare I get up about 30 minutes before he has to leave (which usually gets me out of bed around 6:30 a.m.). If he is taking the kids he lets me sleep in.

Today was supposed to be one of those days. He had a later start time on a local job this morning so he said he'd take the kids to daycare. That means I should have been able to sleep in. Instead, Jake comes tearing into our room shortly after 7 a.m. and says "Mommy, Mommy...you've got to come see this! Come to my room!". I climb out of bed trying to figure out what could be so exciting. He runs across his room, lifts his window blinds, and says "Look! The sun is up!"

Yes, Jake. The sun was up. It's also the same sun that is outside Mommy's window directly above her bed. Couldn't you have just shown it to me there?

No comments: