Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Group interviews

So I've gotten about 100 resumes so far for the receptionist position at work. Jennifer and I have gone through them and pulled out about a dozen so far that are worthy of an interview. Since I'm not a huge fan of phone interviews, and I don't want to be stuck doing dozens of one-on-one interviews, Jen suggested we start with group interviews. I had never heard of those before but Kegan said he too has participated in them in the past. Apparently we have about 6 people come at a time, sit them all down in one room, and see how they handle the situation. Then the following week we have some of them come back for one-on-one interviews. I'm sure I never would have gotten past one of these interviews myself but I have to say I am quite intrigued by the idea.

No comments: