Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I'll have a side of guilt with that please

Last night I didn't get home until right before the kids went to bed because I had Hip Hop Cardio. Then this morning when Hannah woke up I got in the shower while she watched Jake for me downstairs. When I came down I asked what the kids wanted for breakfast.

Me: What do want for breakfast?

Hannah: I'll have toast, cereal, and orange juice....with a side of please play with us Mommy.

Wow! What guilt. They were playing video games and I know she was struggling with a level that she wanted me to help her pass but ouch! That hurt. Now they're sitting down eating breakfast and then it's off to Grandma's (for Jake) and drama camp (for Hannah).

By the way, I think we're clear of brain rot for awhile. Two days ago Hannah put together a Dictionary of Nature with leaves from all the trees and flowers in Grandma and Grandpa's yard. They're all labeled too. I'm trying to get it scanned into the computer using a color scanner and then I'll post it on here. It's pretty impressive.

No comments: