Monday, July 14, 2008

Maine

Our trip to Maine this past weekend was fantastic. We had gorgeous weather and it was very relaxing. The kids and I got up there about 4:15 on Friday afternoon. Lincoln, who had to drive up Justin's truck, got there about 6:30. We just hung out in the afternoon. Kayla took the kids down to the playground while Diane and I enjoyed our Leinie's and cheese curds. For those of you who don't know, my sister-in-law's name is Diane too...just to confuse everyone.

Diane's sister Donna has a trailer right next to Diane and Justin so it's great we get to hang out with her as well. Friday night we BBQ'd on the grill out back and started a campfire. We didn't stay up too late that night. Jake slept in the tent out back with Lincoln. Hannah and I slept in the built-out room off the trailer.

Saturday we hung out in the morning and then headed down to the beach. I couldn't believe it but I managed to forget my camera back at the campsite. The kids had a blast playing in the sand and the waves.

After that we headed back to the campground to take showers. I went in with Hannah and then took Jake in the shower with me. He normally takes baths, and not showers, so when I put the shampoo on his head and some dropped down he screamed "you got some on my wee wee!". Some lady who had the fortune to be using the bathroom at the time started cracking up as did I.

After that Jake went down for a nap while we waited for everyone else to come back from the beach and shower. For dinner we went to Ruby's in town. It was a great dinner and we ate outside which was nice but my feet ended up getting chewed up by the bugs. I have 7 bites on just the top of the my left foot. After that we headed back to the campground and played Trivial Pursuit Pop Culture. No matter how many magazines I read (People, Entertainment Weekly, Star, US Weekly, etc.) Lincoln always manages to pull out a win somehow. Damn him.

Sunday we got up and started to pack up the car. I always like to pack up in the morning so that we can enjoy the rest of our day without that hanging over our heads. After that Lincoln and I took Hannah, Jake, and his niece Kayla to Fox's at the Nubble Lighthouse for lunch. The restaurant is nice but the kids' favorite part is climbing on the rocks afterwards. I'll post a few pictures below.

We headed home a little after 6 p.m. Surprisingly there wasn't much traffic and we stopped in Westford for dinner which broke up the trip nicely. We still got home about 8:45 p.m. The kids went right to bed and then Lincoln and I both crashed. Another successful trip. We don't have another one until August when we head to Seattle (and our trip within a trip to Couer d'Alene, ID). Then in September I'm going on a mystery weekend away for Tracy's 40th birthday. I can't talk about the trip on the blog until after it happens because while she knows we're going away Tracy doesn't know where we're going yet. Denise and I have planned the whole trip and have only told her which days to take off from work. But trust me, it's a good win.

That's all for our weekend in Maine. See below for pictures of their rock climbing adventure.



No comments: