Thursday, July 17, 2008

Be careful what you wish for

The other day when I was driving home from work I was thinking to myself that I sort of miss driving a stick shift. I don't think I'd ever buy another manual car but it would be nice to drive one every now and then. Well, I got my wish. This morning I took Hannah over to the babysitter's and then came home to grab my stuff and head back out. When I went out to leave the second time my car was completely dead. And I mean completely. Not only does it not even attempt to turn over but the clock was blank and even my key fob didn't work to lock or unlock the doors. After calling Tracy's husband Cliff, who is a mechanic, it was determined that my connection to my battery is corroded. At that point I called my mother-in-law to borrow her car which, of course, is a stick shift. So, like I said, be careful what you wish for.

No comments: