Thursday, July 31, 2008

Domestic vs. Foreign animals

As mentioned in the post below, Hannah's extensive knowledge cracks me up. Her vocabulary choices often get me too. When she was about 2 or 3 years old she told my mother that some cars have "emergency wheels" on them. She was referring to the spare tires you sometimes see on the back of vehicles. Of course, "spare tire" is too easy. She says "emergency wheel".

This morning we were talking about her upcoming birthday party out in Seattle and I asked what kind of theme she wanted to have. She said that she likes animals, and more specifically, domestic animals. Since I wouldn't put it past her to mean domestic as in "indigenous to the United States" I actually felt the need to clarify.

Me: Domestic? As in dogs and cats?

Hannah: Yes. And bunnies and ferrets.

1 comment:

Scott said...

LOL. Wow. I am seriously impressed with your little minnie-me!