Saturday, July 19, 2008

Cuddle time with Hannah

When Hannah was five months old I quit my job and decided to take my time finding another one while I enjoyed staying home with our new baby. My favorite part of every day was when I would lay down on the couch with Hannah on my chest and both of us would take a nap. I loved having her little baby self curled up on my chest. It's my fault, I'm sure, that Hannah now hates to go to bed without someone to snuggle with and I'm sure she'll drive future boyfriends crazy.

Last night Hannah, Jake and I had one of our living room slumber parties where we blow up the air mattress and camp out downstairs. This morning, after Jake got out of bed, Hannah and I were snuggled up together and it was one of those moments where I think to myself, how much longer is she going to let me snuggle with her like this? When is that switch going to go off where she decides she wants nothing to do with me? I'm really dreading that day.

No comments: