Friday, April 3, 2009

This is why I don't cook

Tonight when we got home from Family Fun Night I decided to warm up some leftover pizza for dinner. Lincoln had taken the kids to Dairy Queen before FFN but I had gone straight there from work. Instead of putting the pizza on a cookie sheet I figured I could just put it directly on the rack like I've done 100 times before. One of the two slices fell off and fell right onto the coil below and started doing some serious burning. Smoke was coming up through the crack at the top and when you opened the door it came pouring out. Of course it set off the smoke detector which really freaked the kids out - particularly Jake. We got the smoke detector turned off, the smoke cleared out, and the kids settled down.

Jake: Is there going to be a fire?

Lincoln: No, Mommy is done cooking.

1 comment:

Scott said...

LOL. I love hearing your family converstaion recaps! Lincoln's comebacks are the best.