Friday, April 24, 2009

The girl that cried "Ow!"

As I have documented many times in this blog, Hannah will cry over a paper cut as though she has a broken bone while Jake will cut his head open and like it is a paper cut. Needless to say, we tend to ignore Hannah's "injuries" a little bit more.

Tonight the two kids were rough-housing in the living room when the two of them butted heads. Hannah immediately sent up a "I'm going to die" cry while Jake merely slapped his hand to his forehead and calmly said "I'm hurt too." Lincoln got Jake and I swooped in to help Hannah. I patted her on the back, asked Lincoln to get her some ice, and in my usual "Mother of the Year" fashion told her to "suck it up".

After wiping away her runny nose and finally getting her settled down I noticed that Jake actually did quite a number on her. All along her right eyebrow there was quite a nice little bruise forming.

Like I said, I'm currently working on filling out my "Mother of the Year" application. I don't think I'm going to get it though since obviously I've failed in my parenting duties by not reading her the story of "The Boy that Cried Wolf".

No comments: