Saturday, April 11, 2009

Hannah's eyes

Hannah had her eye doctor appointment this morning. The good news is that there is nothing pressing on her optical nerves (my biggest fear) and her eyes are fine although she does need glasses for reading. She won't need to wear them all the time but when reading or doing her homework she will need to wear them. Her eyes are "converging" when she reads and this will straighten them out.

Unfortunately we also learned that the headaches are not being caused by her eyes. Typically eye strain head aches are in the middle of the forehead and Hannah's are behind her eyes. Hannah explained her symptoms to the doctor and she really thinks it's probably migraines but that the neurologist would be able to confirm that.

I have one more stop I want to make before we get to the neurologist (which isn't until the very end of July) and that's the allergist. My sister has headaches caused by allergies/sinus problems and so I figured we should rule that out as well before the neurologist. Hannah claims she's allergic to dust and pollen although I've never seen any signs of it. Might as well check it out.

No comments: