Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter cleaning and little brothers

Me: If you want the Easter Bunny to hide eggs this year you'll have to make sure the kids' playroom is all cleaned up.

Hannah: Okay. Will Jake help me?

Me: Probably not.

Hannah: Jake refuses to clean.

Me: Yeah. It's a youngest sibling thing. I didn't like to help my older sister clean either.

Hannah: I know! I'll pick him up, put him in the middle of the room, close both doors, and then tie them closed with jump ropes and lock him in there.

Me: And when he kicks the door trying to get out of there and breaks the door who do you think will get blamed?

Hannah: Me?

Me: Yep. You might want to come up with another plan.

Hannah: Okay.

Me: How about we tell him that if he doesn't help you clean he can't have any of the eggs?

Hannah: That sounds like a better idea.

No comments: