Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thank you Moses. I'll take numbers 1, 4, and 9 please.

One of the biggest problems that I have with organized religion is it seems that the more religious people are the less they tend to live up to Christian ideals.   "Love they neighbor" only seems to count if that neighbor is exactly like them and lives the way that they want them to live.   Catholic priests are protected by the church while raping young boys but homosexuality is a sin in the eyes of the church.  It's just a whole big bunch of hypocrisy.   Luckily Christians have given themselves an out as long as they have time to repent before they die.  "Oh look....I can be a bigot and a sinner and manipulate the bible to fit how I want to live my life and as long as I say 'oops, sorry....my bad' before I kick the bucket I'm a-ok."  Sorry but that's a bunch of bull to me.

But I digress....

CNN has just released a study that churchgoers are more likely to condone torture while those unaffiliated with a religion are less likely to approve.   

Nice, real nice.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Confession was always my favorite part of church. I liked having a free pass.