Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Opening Day!

Yesterday was supposed to be Opening Day at Fenway Park. I enjoy baseball but I'm not a huge, crazy fanatic. In Boston, however, you can't help but be caught up in the Red Sox madness. It's like an electrical current that runs through the air from the time the pitchers and catchers report to Spring Training until the end of the season. Bostonians live and breathe the Red Sox.
Every year on Opening Day I host a luncheon at our office. I rent a hot dog roller grill and a huge popcorn popper and we eat hot dogs, popcorn, pretzels, peanuts, and nachos and we eat in the conference room and watch the game on TV. Unfortunately yesterday's game was postponed due to rain so we didn't have the game (or the lunch). I've moved the lunch to Thursday afternoon which is the next day game so at least that is something to look forward to.

Anyway.....the point to this whole long rambling post is to put up the following pictures. Every year my friend that works over at the Red Sox sends me the pictures that they take at sunrise of Fenway Park on Opening Day. This year they're pictures of the "Day Before Opening Day" sunrise since the official Opening Day got pushed back until today. It's hard to believe looking at the second picture that it was POURING rain all afternoon that day.

No comments: