Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Mother Nature needs a snooze button

The weather has been so nice lately that we've been able to sleep with the windows open. Each morning we wake up to the birds chirping, the rooster up the street crowing, and a woodpecker somewhere off in the woods. That's not necessarily fun but it hasn't been too bad although the woodpecker definitely does a good job of not letting us fall back asleep. This morning, however, was a different story. There was some sort of bird outside of our window at 5 a.m. this morning that was very, very loud. And no matter what window we closed it sounded like it was right outside the ones that were still open.

I don't know if he was looking for his mate, his parents, or his children but eventually he found all of them and then they had quite the little party. Not a fun way to start the day.

After we closed all the windows I managed to fall back asleep again but woke up from a very disturbing dream with a sore jaw. I dreamt I was standing in a hotel restaurant (standing, not sitting) and eating every possible food that I can't eat right now because of my mouth.....steak, chicken, potato chips, etc. I woke up from that and went downstairs for my bowl of ice cream for breakfast. I've got soup for lunch and hopefully some pasta for dinner and then back to more regular food tomorrow although I still have to stay away from anything crunchy or crusty for about a week.

No comments: