Monday, April 20, 2009

I would have preferred the beer

Today at lunch Hannah ordered iced tea with lemon. It's not something she orders often but she does like it. Iced tea is a huge deal in the South and when we lived in Arkansas it seemed like everyone drank it although I never acquired a taste for it. When Hannah ordered the iced tea today it made me think of a funny story from when we flew down to Arkansas for my friend Stephanie's wedding.

We flew down to Arkansas the day before the wedding (without the kids) and arrived in time to head over to the rehearsal dinner. We were a few minutes late and most of the people were already there. When we walked into the room I looked at all the tables that were set up for dinner and I thought to myself "This is my kind of party....all the place settings already have a glass of beer at them." Then I realized it was iced tea in every glass. Talk about a let down.

2 comments:

Scott said...

LOL! That is awesome. I will have to tell my mother-in-law this story.

Jennifer said...

I promise you when I (never) get married that dream party of yours will be a reality.