Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A Sad Day

Today is the day that Mom and Dad fly home. They actually left on a flight early this morning. We had to leave the house this morning at 5:45 a.m. so bedtime was really sad last night. Hannah really didn't want to go to bed because she knew that when she woke up Grandma and Grandpa would be gone. It broke my heart.

I begged Mom and Dad to come for a visit to help me get my house in order and they didn't disappoint. Both of them worked their asses off for a week and my house looks fantastic. Dad built shelves for us down in the basement, helped Lincoln close up the pool for the season, and cut down about a year's worth of cardboard boxes (among many other projects). Mom sorted out all the chaos of the upstairs including both Hannah and Jacob's closets. She also organized all the toys that are spread all over the house. That alone is a daunting project. On top of that she didn't even have a mental breakdown when she cleaned the downstairs every day and watched it be destroyed every evening once the kids (and I) got home The entire house looks amazing (except our bedroom and the dining room which we asked them not to do) and I feel like right now would be a good time to move out. Or at least wrap it in plastic to preserve it's loveliness.

No comments: