Friday, October 31, 2008

A day of extremes

Happy Halloween!

Today is going to be a crazy day. First of all, it's in the low 30's this morning but it's supposed to hit 60 today and be in the upper 50's for Trick-or-Treating tonight. That's fantastic considering how cold it has been here this week. The timing couldn't be better but it makes it a little hard to get the kids dressed in the morning. Talk about having to dress in layers.

As for me, I've got a lot of stuff going on today that require wardrobe changes of my own - and none of them are costumes! As office manager it is my job to have office activities on the holidays. This year we're having a pumpkin carving contest. We have a bunch of huge pumpkins in the conference room and we'll be carving them throughout the day so I needed to dress for being messy today. I'm starting out my day in yoga pants and a t-shirt so I can get "down and dirty" with pumpkin guts.

When all that is over I have to head straight to a charity dinner this evening which means full hair and make-up and nice clothes. Talk about having trouble getting ready this morning. I had to find an outfit for today as well as tonight and make sure that all necessary undergarments match both. What a pain in the ass. I have a small bag that I had to pack with make-up, curling iron, etc. as well as shoes, pants, tops (yes, tops....I need options for tonight). And of course a bottle of perfume to help cover the pumpkin smell.

What a crazy day it's going to be!

No comments: