Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Baby Shower Day

Today is another baby shower here at the office. When I gave birth to Jake in December 2004 I was the first lady in the office to be pregnant in about 10 years. Now we have new babies here in the office about every 6 months. There is obviously something in the water.

I'm actually very excited about this baby shower. I'm in charge of throwing the office parties around here and I always try to make each one unique and tailored to the mom and/or child. The shower I threw last spring was actually for newly adopted 20-month olds. Their moms have a house down in P-town by the beach so I went with a beach theme and bought two red wagons and filled them with swim suits, beach towels, and beach toys including little chairs and a sun tent. That party was pretty cool because they brought the twins in for the party and they were SO adorable.

The baby that we're celebrating today is going to have a music themed nursery so that is the theme of the party as well. For the gift, which is from the office but coordinated through me, I purchased an iPod and set of speakers for the baby's room. The iPod is loaded with a bunch of Rockabye Baby CDs. These CDs are actually lullaby renditions of popular artists.

I downloaded the following:
  • AC/DC
  • Bjork
  • Bob Marley
  • Coldplay
  • Green Day
  • Metallica
  • Nirvana
  • No Doubt
  • Pink Floyd
  • Queens of the Stone Age
  • Smashing Pumpkins
  • Beach Boys
  • The Beatles
  • The Cure
  • The Eagles
  • The Ramones
  • Rolling Stones
  • Tool
  • U2
  • Led Zeppelin
  • Pixies
  • Radiohead

I think she's going to love it.

2 comments:

Scott said...

What a cool idea Diane. You rock.

Jennifer said...

what an awesome gift! I'm sure she loved it!