Sunday, October 19, 2008

No, we did not fall off the face of the earth

Sorry that I haven't posted in a few days but we've been a little crazed around here. Thursday night I went to Madonna with 11 other people and let's just say that I spent most of Friday either in bed or on the couch recovering from the evening. Thank God for my mother who planned, and executed, a great birthday dinner for Lincoln that night since I certainly wasn't up to it.

Yesterday we had a lot of things scheduled back-to-back. We took the kids for pictures at a portrait studio on Saturday morning. This place is fantastic...it's called Portrait Simple...and while it's definitely pricier than Target or Sears Portrait Studio it is definitely worth the money. We got a fantastic shot of Jake that really shows his unique eye color. I have no idea how to describe Jake's eyes. I'm hoping I can scan the pictures into the computer and if so I will post them on the blog.

After we got back from the picture session we had to quickly change the children into their costumes and head over to the school Halloween party. Lincoln and I were so exhausted we moved the kids through the event pretty quickly.

When we got home from the Halloween Party I packed a suitcase for the kids and they went with Mom and Dad to a hotel in Milford to spend the night and go swimming. The kids had a blast. They went swimming both last night and this morning and they got to order pizza to eat in the room. Lincoln and I got to have the house to ourselves and we ended up heading down to the local bar to hang out with his brother and sister after having dinner with Tracy and Denise. Lincoln and I have been away from the kids before but it's a whole different ballgame when you get to have the kids out of the house and we can just hang out in peace and quiet. It's almost like not having kids. We watched a few TV shows before heading out (without interruption!) and then got to sleep in this morning which was great.

Mom and Dad brought the kids home at 10:30 a.m. and we headed out to Natick to meet up with my cousin Kate and her husband Jim. They live up in Andover and even though that is only about an hour away we never seem to manage to get together. Our schedules never match up unfortunately.

When we got home from brunch Lincoln and Dad closed up the pool (finally!) and Mom and Jake started working on cutting back our rose bushes. Jake didn't last long since it's actually pretty chilly today but Mom and Dad finished them up. Hannah and I worked on a science experiment that she had worked out in her head. She charted out the goal of her experiement, her predictions, and her results. Then she got on her computer and typed up her results. She's such a smart little nerd.

And that is where we've been lately.....I have felt bad not posting but I just haven't had the time or the energy. I promise to be back to daily posts now.

No comments: