Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I love my job

As part of my job as Office Manager my job is to coordinate a monthly "birthday lunch" to celebrate all the office birthdays. Today was that lunch.

This afternoon I was in my friend Melissa's office. Whenever the two of us get together it's a conversation of trying to best the other person and give the other person the most smart alecky responses possible.

While I was in her office today my boss Doug walked by and stopped and asked me where the sodas were that were left over from lunch. Since they were in the same spot as earlier in the day, and Melissa had me all fired up as a smart ass, this was my response:

Me: They are in the same spot they were previously in prior to their earlier consumption.

Doug: (laughing) You sound just like my wife when you talk to me.

Since I am also his assistant, in addition to being the Office Manager, I take great pride in that. I always say that a good assistant is like a bad wife.....nag, nag, nag.

No comments: