Friday, June 27, 2008

Think like a woman

All this week Hannah has been attending a writing camp put on by Potato Hill Poetry in Natick. Today is the final day and at 11:15 they're having the parents in to listen to a reading of their work from this week. I can't make it but Lincoln is going to go and will, of course, take video for me. I also told him to "observe like a woman and not a man" because I want the details. You ladies know how it is. If you go in somewhere or attend some function or eat in some restaurant and then someone asks you about it later you can recite what the people were wearing, what was said, who dissed who, and probably even recap conversations of the people sitting next to you. If you ask a man, who attended the same event, they'll say "It was good" and nothing else. It's very frustrating trying to get the dirt out of a man. Hopefully Lincoln will just leave the video camera on the entire time and I'll just pretend like I was there.

No comments: