Monday, June 16, 2008

Hannah's last day of 1st grade

Today is Hannah's last day of first grade. I don't know why but this one has hit me really hard. I seem more upset about it than she is. Maybe it's because she had a really great teacher this year and I know we won't be that lucky every year. Maybe because having a 2nd grader seems so much more "adult" than having a kindergartner or a 1st grader.

She really is growing up. This weekend I went shopping at Target and picked up an air mattress/sleeping bag for her to use down at the Vineyard next weekend. I got two. Even though we only need one for our trip I got one for each of the kids so Jake wouldn't feel bad. I got Hannah a Disney Princess one and Jake a "Cars" one. It used to be if you bought anything with the Disney Princesses on it Hannah would fall madly in love with it. This time I pulled the box out of the bag and thought she'd do her usual squeal of delight. Instead she just went "Oh. Nice." I told her that "Cars" and Disney Princesses were the only two choices at the store. When I asked if she didn't like Disney Princesses anymore she said she would have preferred the "Cars" one we got for Jake. Apparently Disney Princesses are for babies. Wow. When did that happen?

1 comment:

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

Wait until their going into junior high or grade seven (as it's refered to here)... SCARY

Feel free to pop by and leave a comment at my blog.

Carol