Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Jake the Wave Slayer

Last Friday when we went to the beach on Chappaquiddick Jake was not too excited by the ocean. We were on the bay side where the water is incredibly shallow and there really aren't any waves. He didn't like that you could see the fish and the crabs in the water. He particularly didn't like the seaweed and the sacks of fish eggs in the water that would brush up against him. I don't blame him. I'm a pool person myself.

Hunter had brought some styrofoam swords to the beach and Jake was having a blast with those. He and Lincoln were having a "battle" and started heading up to the sand ridge that leads to the ocean side. Over on that side there are lots of waves. When I went looking for them I saw them playing in the waves and "slaying" each of the waves with the swords. The first picture below is when I came upon them and saw what they were doing (before they knew I was watching them). The second picture is Jake proudly posing with his sword after slaying the waves. Doesn't he look terribly proud of himself? It's my favorite picture of him from the entire weekend.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Are you sure you want to be pushing the weapons thing with him? j/k! Those pictures are absolutely adorable!

Diane Lentz Snow said...

I know what you mean! But it's all about channeling that violence.... Maybe I should sign him up for fencing lessons.

Scott said...

HAHA! You guys are so cute! Love it....slaying the waves...of course!