Saturday, June 28, 2008

Saturday with the Snow's

Today was a pretty laidback sort of day. Our plan for this weekend is to get the house cleaned up from being gone last week. Half of what we unloaded from the car last weekend is in the dining room and the other half is laundry. This morning I came downstairs to start cleaning and the kids had left a game of Super Mario Brothers 3 unattended. Both Luigi and Mario were down to almost no lives so I figured I'd play them out, put the game away, and start cleaning. Luigi died right away. Mario was on his last life and Lincoln challenged me to see how far I could go on that last life. 2 1/2 hours, and 20+ lives later, I had to leave for my hair appointment. The funny thing is, I was doing so great that Lincoln, Hannah, and Jake were all sitting around watching me to see how far I could go. I now have a callus on my thumb from playing the game. At one point during the game I said that I really needed to stop and start cleaning the house and Lincoln replied "I'm cleaning. You just keep going". It was pretty funny.

After that I went and got my hair done. My roots were getting pretty bad so it was nice to get them taken care of. After that we met Tracy, Cliff, Hunter, and Tracy's parents for a movie and dinner. We went to see Wall E. It was a very interesting movie. There is almost no talking in the movie and it is a little bit strange but overall it was okay. The kids seemed to really enjoy it and that's what matters.

Tonight the kids and I are having a sleepover in the living room. Hannah and I blow up the air mattress, pop in a movie, and sleep downstairs until morning. Jake will try to fall asleep on a separate, twin sized air mattress but I can pretty much promise you he'll end up upstairs in his own bed before long. Lincoln will sleep upstairs to keep an eye on him. On the off chance Hannah, Jake, and I all stay downstairs, Lincoln will still sleep upstairs and enjoy a night of uninterrupted sleep.

That's it for our Saturday. It's pretty quiet, which is very nice for change.

No comments: