Sunday, June 15, 2008

There is something truly sadistic about Jake

Today Lincoln got to choose where we went to lunch for Father's Day. His choice was Arby's. While that doesn't sound terribly fancy I can tell you that Arby's are few are far between here in Massachusetts and we never eat there unless we're on vacation in the Midwest. So we all loaded into the car and headed toward western Massachusetts. Jake kept insisting we were going to Barbie's but I can tell you, there is no way Barbie makes a great roast beef sandwich like Arby's.

On the way to lunch I told the kids if they were good we would take them to the movies afterwards.

me: If you guys are good today we'll all go to Kung Fu Panda after lunch. Does that sound like fun?

Jake: And what if we're bad?

me (jokingly): If you're bad we'll take you home, tie you to the kitchen chair, and paddle your bum.

(pause)

Jake: That is SO cool.

(laughter from Lincoln and me)

Jake: If Hannah is bad can I watch you put her on the kitchen chair and spank her?

It's not that Jake really wants to see Hannah get hurt. He just wants to be the one not getting in trouble for once. He never gets to witness Hannah getting in trouble.

No comments: