Saturday, June 14, 2008

She is SO not my daughter

Today I got in our pool for the first time this season to vacuum out all the dirt and sand. The only vacuum we have is the cheap one that came with the pool and while you can technically use the long pole and do it from outside the pool, it works much better if you're in the water. Hannah was sitting up on the pool deck and Lincoln was puttering around the area while I did it and we were listening to my New Kids on the Block Greatest Hits cd while I worked.

Me: So Hannah, what do you think of this cd? Pretty cool, huh?

Hannah: Um....yeah.

Me: Hey! This is Mommy's favorite band of all time.

(pause)

Hannah: How is it your favorite band?

Me: 'Cause the guys were HOT!

Lincoln (with just a touch of sarcasm): You see Hannah, back in the 80's it wasn't about the music....it was all about the looks.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I do believe Lincoln won that round. Sorry.