Friday, June 13, 2008

I'm a terrible stay-at-home mother

There are many great stay-at-home mothers out there in the world but I am not one of them. I need to work. I need a life outside the home. I've been home with Hannah since Tuesday afternoon and now I have both of them home sick with me. If I hear "Mom" or "Mommy" one more time I'm going to pull my hair out.

Mom, I need more chocolate milk.
Mommy, where's my rainbow slinky?
Mommy, I'm hungry.
Mom, I don't want to take a nap.
Mom, where's my chocolate milk?
Mommy, what are we having for dinner?
Mommy, when's Daddy going to be home?
Mom, can I watch Hannah Montana?
Mommy, can I watch Pokeman?
Mommy, can I watch Diego?
Mom, can I have more Cheerios?

Now, to be fair, Jake doesn't always use my name. No, he just asks a LOT of questions. In the past 3 minutes I got more Cheerios for Hannah and got Jake another chocolate milk. Here is Jake's running dialogue in those 3 minutes:

Jake: Mom, this is boring. Can I watch Pokeman? Why are you getting Cheerios? Why are using that bowl? What bowl is that? Where did you get the milk? Did you get it from the fridge? Is this my chocolate milk? I want lotta chocolate milk. Why do you keep it in the fridge? Can I watch Pokeman? What's Hannah doing? Why is Hannah eating Cheerios? Where are we going today? Can I watch Diego? Do you know where the rainbow slinky is?

God bless stay-at-home mothers. They are far better people than me and deserve to be nominated for sainthood.

No comments: