Thursday, June 5, 2008

I just killed a possum!

OMG! I just killed a possum. (Yes, I know it is technically spelled opossum but I'm rejecting that spelling).

I was driving home from my PTO board meeting and as I came up the hill I see an animal crossing the street from the right side to the left side. At this point it is in the left lane. I have never seen an alive possum before so I'm thinking to myself "Wow. That's a possum!" Of course, since it was in the left lane, and not in my lane, I keep driving. Suddenly it stops, looks at my headlights, AND TURNS AROUND! As I brake, I think to myself "Shit! I'm going to hit that!" Thump (as it goes under my front tire), Thump (as it goes under my back tire). I have NEVER in my life created roadkill before. I thought about turning around and seeing what I did but I just didn't have the heart. I feel terrible. That poor, poor possum.

1 comment:

System_Admin said...

Good for you!!

I welcome you to the club of Good Possum Makers.

By the way don't be too sure you killed that critter - they are pretty tuff.