Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A successful shadow transplant

Tonight Lincoln is at a concert and I am home with the kids. Normally Jake follows Daddy around all night but with Daddy gone I get to be the lucky recipient of a new shadow. Jake and I are both in the office on our respective computers but every time I get up to go in the other room he gets up and follows me. When I went into the kitchen to get Hannah ice cream he followed me. When I got up to go get my cell phone to make sure Lincoln hadn't texted me he followed me. A few minutes ago I got up to go to the bathroom.

Me: Jake, I'm just going to the bathroom. I'll be right back.

(he gets up and follows me)

Me: Where are you going?

Jake: To the kitchen.

Me: Okay.

Jake: I'm just going to sit on the floor in the kitchen. (which is outside the bathroom)

Me: Umm....okay.

(I'm in the bathroom)

Jake (about 20 seconds later): Everything going okay in there?

Me (laughing): Yes, thanks for asking.

1 comment:

Scott said...

Oh my gosh. That kid is precious. I have said it before, but I will say it again: I freakin' LOVE Jake stories!