Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Poor Dad

My dad raised three daughters and I'm sure it wasn't cheap. I know that as the youngest, and my sisters will the say the most spoiled, I probably cost them the most money over the years. And now they've voluntarily signed up to have my daughter to themselves, exclusively, for three weeks. I'm not sure if they (particularly Dad) was aware of how much that would cost them.

I'm pretty sure that every day Hannah has been with them so far she has told me about some purchase or another. I know she has gotten at least one new doll, a new hat, and a snorkel mask so far. Yesterday afternoon I got a call from Mom about a backpack that she and Hannah were looking at in the mall. While I was talking to her Dad sent me an email from work that pleaded for me to "SEND MONEY!" I got a kick out of that so shortly after I hung up with Mom I called Dad to tease him about it. Dad said that before Hannah and Mom left for the mall he gave Hannah a note that said "Don't spend any money! Signed, the Boss".

Me: Did she laugh at you?

Dad: Yes.

Me: That's my girl.

No comments: